Volume 20 Num. 1 - March 2020
Dependencia emocional en agresores de pareja asistentes a un programa de intervención de penas y medidas alternativas: estudio piloto
Volume 20 Num. 1 - March 2020 - Pages 75-88
López Barreira A , Moral Jiménez MV
A Pilot Study of Emotional Dependence on Couple Aggressors Attending an Intervention Program for Penalties and Alternative Measures. Violence against women is a problem with multiple determinants. Specifically, the following study aims to analyze the correlation between emotional dependence and gender violence in male aggressors. Participants in this pilot study were 53 men between ages of 20 and 71 (M= 43.17; DT= 12.507), attending the intervention program for aggressors in the service of handling penalties and alternative measures (Principado de Asturias, España). A direct correlation between emotional dependence and intimate partner violence could not be established. However, a correlation between psychological and physical violence was established, psychological psychological violence being the most frequent. Also it was observed a high number of external causes reported by the participants. Violent behaviors carried out within the couple would result from a combination of both individual variables of the aggressor and their environment. Suggestions are made for future interventions seeking to reduce the incidence of such aggressions.
How to cite this paper: López-Barreira A y Moral-Jiménez MV (2020). Dependencia emocional en agresores de pareja asistentes a un programa de intervención de penas y medidas alternativas: estudio piloto. International Journal of Psychology & Psychological Therapy, 20, 1, 75-88.
THIS PAPER WILL BE AVAILABLE IN OPEN ACCESS on March 1st, 2020.
hoarding disorder; HRS-I; clutter; acquisition; distress.
More articles in this volume
- [5-12] Dynamics of Indicators of Expeditioners’ Psychological States During Long Antarctic Stay
- [13-27] EF Train: Development of an Executive Function Training Program for Preschool and School-aged Children with ADHD
- [29-36] The Dunning-Kruger Effect in Emirati College Students: Evidence for Generalizability Across Cultures
- [37-45] Spanish Adaptation of the Multidimensional Fear of Death Scale
- [47-59] Dialogic Reading: Effects on Independent Verbal Responses, Verbal and Non-Verbal Initiations, and Engagement of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- [61-74] Effectiveness of Emotional Intelligence Therapy on Suicide Risk among Adolescents in Residential Care
- [91-104] Latinos, Anxiety, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: A Systematic Review