Volume 16 Num. 3 - October 2016
Efecto del entrenamiento de relaciones negativas entre-clases y estructuras de entrenamiento en la formación de relaciones de equivalencia
Volume 16 Num. 3 - October 2016 - Pages 295-314
Elberto Antonio Plazas , Carlos Wilcen Villamil
The probability of equivalence class formation was assessed in three matching to sample procedures (standard, semi-standard, and linear series), and three training structures (one-to-many, many-to-one, and altered) in a 3x3 factorial design. The matching to sample procedures trained the same positive relations (sample-S+), but they differed in the kind of negative relations (sample-S-) that they trained. With the standard procedure only negative relations among stimuli of different classes (among-class relations) were trained; with the semi-standard procedure some among-class negative relations and others with stimuli that did not belong to any class (stimuli X) were trained; finally, with altered procedure negative relations only with X stimuli were trained. The baseline positive and negative relations were assessed, with trials with novel stimuli and a blank comparison stimulus. There was not an interaction effect between the matching procedure and the training structure. The standard procedure was superior to the semi-standard procedure, and the latter one was superior to the altered procedure in the formation of equivalence relations. The one-to-many training structure was superior to the linear-serial structure. The results suggest that the probability of equivalence class formation is positively related with the amount of negative among-class established by the training, and this effect is independent from the training structure.
How to cite: Plazas EA & Villamil CW (2016). Effecto del entrenamiento de relaciones entre-clases y estructuras de entrenamiento en la formación de relaciones de equivalencia [Effect of Negative Between-class Training and Structure Training on Formation of Equivalence Relations.]. International Journal of Psychology and Psychological Therapy, 16, 295-314.
stimulus equivalence, positive control, negative control, matching procedure, training structure
More articles in this volume
- [213-233] Effect of a One-Session ACT Protocol in Disrupting Repetitive Negative Thinking: A Randomized Multiple-Baseline Design
- [235-248] The Relationship between Social Maladjustment, Childhood Abuse and Suicidal Behavior in College Students
- [249-263] Transfer of Conditioned Fear-potentiated Startle across Equivalence Classes. An Exploratory Study
- [265-279] The Role of Common Physical Properties and Augmental Functions in Metaphor Effect
- [315-328] Shame, Self-Criticism, Perfectionistic Self-Presentation and Depression in Eating Disorders
- [329-341] Psychometric Properties of the Intuitive Eating Scale -2 and Association with Binge Eating Symptoms in a Portuguese Community Sample
- [343-356] Adaptation and Validation of the Brief Sexuality Scale in Colombian and Spanish Populations