Volume 13 Num. 1 - March 2013
Relationships between school anxiety, trait anxiety, state anxiety and depression in a sample of Spanish adolescents.
Volume 13 Num. 1 - March 2013 - Pages 47-64
Mar?a C. Mart?nez Monteagudo , Jos? M. Garc?a Fern?ndez , C?ndido J. Ingl
Different studies have analyzed school anxiety as a unitary construct, without regard to the different situations and response systems that make up this construct. However, the present study considers the school anxiety as a multidimensional construct. Thus, the aim of this study was to analyze the relationships and predictive capacity among situations and responses of school anxiety on trait anxiety, state anxiety and depression. The School Anxiety Inventory (IAES), the State Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI and STAIC) and the Child Depression Inventory (CDI) were administered to a sample of 1,409 Spanish students of 12 to 18 years. The results show significant and positive correlations between situations and responses of school anxiety with trait anxiety, state anxiety and depression. In addition, situations and responses systems of school anxiety are significant and positive predictors of trait anxiety, state anxiety and depression. The practical implications of these findings are discussed.
school anxiety, trait anxiety, state anxiety, depression, adolescence
More articles in this volume
- [1-14] Parents? beliefs on the causes of child maltreatment
- [15-29] Drive for thinness as a women?s strategy to avoid inferiority
- [31-45] Violence against women and symptoms of depression and posttraumatic stress: The role of social support.
- [65-82] A New Approach to Explain the Link between Social Support and Depression in a 2-years Arthritis Rheumatoid Sample. Is there any Moderation Effect of Acceptance?
- [83-96] Professional psychologists and university training in psychology: looking for references to the Degree in Psychology.
- [97-112] Compound stimuli, simple discriminations and transfer of learning in new discriminations: simple and conditional.
- [113-124] Early maladaptive schemas and interpersonal problems: A circumplex analysis of the YSQ-SF
- [125-141] Cognitive-behavioral treatment in a case of internet and videogames addiction