Volume 11 Num. 3 - October 2011
Psychometric properties of the questionnaire Discriminatory Behavior towards Old Age and Aging (CONDUC-ENV): Analysis of the ageist attitudes behavioral component in elderly population.
Volume 11 Num. 3 - October 2011 - Pages 359-375
Carmen Luisa Castellano Fuentes , Adelia de Miguel Negredo
This study aims to present the psychometric properties of the CONDUC-ENV questionnaire. It is a questionnaire that evaluates the perception of ageism behaviors by older persons. The sample consists of 117 people over the age of 52 years (107 women, 10 men) without health problems and with a high degree of autonomy. Factorial analysis results reflect the ageism behaviors are grouped into other negative and positive factors. The differential analysis indicates that the sample of this study does not perceive ageism negative discrimination by the rest of the population. Also, the psychometric properties of the questionnaire are acceptable and it is offered as a useful tool for research.
psychometric properties, ageism behavior.
More articles in this volume
- [327-345] The validation of the Body Image Acceptance and Action Questionnaire: Exploring the moderator effect of acceptance on disordered eating
- [347-358] Differential Analysis of Psychotherapy Outcome and Process: Correlates of Initial Disturbance (Anxiety vs. Depression)
- [377-388] Exploring Screen Presentations in the Implicit Relational Assessment Procedure (IRAP)
- [389-400] Is temperament activity-specific? Validation of the Structure of Temperament Questionnaire-Compact (STQ-77)
- [401-412] Academic Achievement and Antisocial Behavior in Public Secondary Education Students.
- [413-423] Overgeneral Memory Retrieval and Ineffective Problem-Solving in Depressed Patients with Suicidal Ideation: Implications for Therapy
- [425-440] Effect of type of instruction on verbal report and performance in children and adults.
-  Social interaction and conditional self-discrimination under effects of methylphenidate in norvegicus rats.