Volume 11 Num. 1 - March 2011
Affective disorders, crisis of identity and suicidal thoughts in teenagers.
Volume 11 Num. 1 - March 2011 - Pages 13-56
Mar?a de la Villa Moral Jim?nez , Carlos Sirvent Ruiz
In this study we apply the Sturm und Drang (Storm and Stress) construct for make reference to the stereotyped idea of emotional and affective crisis in adolescents. We have analysed behavioural disarrangement, depressive and anxious disorders, somatic complaints, relations problems, aggressive behaviour, attention searches and thought problems in adolescents schooling in a High School of the Principado de Asturias (Espa?a). We obtains answer trends that denotes stability, scarce anxious disorders manifestations, personal confusions in the search of self-concept, an adequate valuation of the interpersonal contacts, scarce aggressive or threatening behaviours, and trivial mental disorders manifestation and others problematic behaviors. Significant differences have been situated depending on such indicators as the level of age, the general autoconcept, the relation with the equal ones and the degree of institutional dissatisfaction with more vulnerability to manifestations of externalized pathology. Likewise, there have been evaluated factors that influence the suicidal thought and the processes of confusion of identity. We conclude that adolescence can shows an accommodated crisis (by changes meaning), more that a period of successive and incontrollable emotional tumults.
adolescence, sturm und drang, affective disarrangements, identity, suicidal thoughts.
More articles in this volume
- [1-11] Emotional differences between women with different types of eating disorders
- [13-32] Alcohol expectancies and alcohol use among children and adolescents from Argentina.
- [57-78] Social Behavior and Social Information Processing in Argentinean Children.
- [79-90] Relation between Substance Use and Depression among Spanish Adolescents
- [91-106] Construction and validation of the Detection Scales for the Risk of Domestic Abuse and Self-negligent Behaviour (EDMA)
- [107-120] Perceived Social Support in Residential Child Care
- [121-137] Conceptions of the transition to adulthood in a sample of Greek higher education students
- [139-147] Changes in Risk and Health Behaviors in Argentinian University Students throughout the Educational Period
- [149-155] Defense Mechanisms and Gender: An Examination of Two Models of Defensive Functioning Derived from the Defense Style Questionnaire
- [157-164] Report on the 2009 Impact Factor of International Journal of Psychology & Psychological Therapy