Volume 9 Num. 2 - June 2009
Mobbing: An exploratory proposal for intervention.
Volume 9 Num. 2 - June 2009 - Pages 177-188
M.F. Rodr?guez Mu?oz , J.A. Osona Miguel , A.L. Dom?nguez Mart?n , M.I. Comeche Moreno
Mobbing or harassment at work, is
a continued and incremental process that undergoes the person because reiterated negative
conducts by his/her superiors or equal ones in the labour environment. The effects, which
are produced on the person both emotional and psychosomatic levels, are not detected in
the beginning, causing a deterioration of the person well-being in the long term. Indeed,
when mobbing appears, processes of absenteeism, losses and turn over begin to take
place, these issues could have palliate effects in the beginning, but in the long run if they
are not abashed and confronted, could end in a deep malaise situation. This labour
environmental upheaval must be undertaken with the aim to provide protocols of prevention,
detection and treatment that minimize the costs they produce not only in the management
but also in the personal level. In the present work it has been developed and applied a
registered group program (9 sessions), which has obtained positive results, equipping the
subjects for mechanisms in the recovery of their personal well-being, improving their
levels of anxiety, depression, modifying their negative thoughts and carrying out a positive
mobbing, harassment at work, intervention.
More articles in this volume
- [141-160] Orbitofrontal Cortex Inactivation Impairs Early Reversal Learning in Male Rats During a Sexually Motivated Task
- [161-176] Discriminative validity of an scale of sense of community in two urban communities
- [189-204] Effects on School Conflicts of a Conflict Resolution Program in Tutorship.
- [205-216] The Relation between Depression and Family Conflicts in Adolescents.
- [217-235] A Comparative Analysis of Empathy in Childhood and Adolescence: Gender Differences and Associated Socio-emotional Variables
- [237-257] Brief Acceptance-based Protocols Applied to the Work with Adolescents
- [259-273] Index of Sexual Satisfaction (ISS): A Study on the Reliability and Validity
- [275-283] Personality disorders in homeless people
- [285-293] The Brain-Behavior relationship. Towards a new duality?