Volume 13 Num. 1 - March 2013
Compound stimuli, simple discriminations and transfer of learning in new discriminations: simple and conditional.
Volume 13 Num. 1 - March 2013 - Pages 97-112
Francisco J. Al?s , Marisol Guerrero , Daniel Falla , Asunci?n Amo
The purpose of this study is to provide evidence for the transfer of learning to novel discriminations, two conditional (C-A y D-A), four simple (C-RD, D-RC, X1-RB, X2-RB) and one conditional with compound stimuli ((AB)-X). Ten adult subjects participated in the experiment. The training procedure included compound stimuli (visual and auditory) and verbal responses. Participants learned the following stimuli relations: (A1B1)-RC1, (A1B2)-RD1, (A2B1)-RC2, (A2B2)-RD2. In final evaluation, five participants responded correctly to seven discriminations, one participant responded correctly to six, three participants showed accurate responding to five and one to four of the discriminations. The procedure used proved effective in producing transfer of learning to novel discriminations. Results showed statistically significant differences between initial and final evaluations for all the dependent variables. The study shows the transfer of learning to four intraverbals in a research that included compound stimuli.
simple discriminations, conditional discriminations, compound stimuli, intraverbals, transfer of learning.
More articles in this volume
- [1-14] Parents? beliefs on the causes of child maltreatment
- [15-29] Drive for thinness as a women?s strategy to avoid inferiority
- [31-45] Violence against women and symptoms of depression and posttraumatic stress: The role of social support.
- [47-64] Relationships between school anxiety, trait anxiety, state anxiety and depression in a sample of Spanish adolescents.
- [65-82] A New Approach to Explain the Link between Social Support and Depression in a 2-years Arthritis Rheumatoid Sample. Is there any Moderation Effect of Acceptance?
- [83-96] Professional psychologists and university training in psychology: looking for references to the Degree in Psychology.
- [113-124] Early maladaptive schemas and interpersonal problems: A circumplex analysis of the YSQ-SF
- [125-141] Cognitive-behavioral treatment in a case of internet and videogames addiction