Volume 13 Num. 1 - March 2013
Professional psychologists and university training in psychology: looking for references to the Degree in Psychology.
Volume 13 Num. 1 - March 2013 - Pages 83-96
Rosario Ortega Ruiz , Izabela Zych
The university Degree in Psychology includes a wide variety of content related to different profiles. However, some of them are more useful than others in the professional practice. Therefore, the objective of this study consisted of describing the opinion on the subject of graduates in psychology. With this purpose, a specific questionnaire was we designed and administered. The questions were related to the possession and use of knowledge related to each professional profile and also to the content considered the most and the least useful when practicing professional psychology. Also, question related to the possible changes to that degree were included. The most important results demonstrate high demand for practices and the best knowledge and perceived usefulness of the clinical profile, intervention in drug abuse, education and social intervention. These findings should be taken into account when designing curricula in the degree.
professional competences, Degree in Psychology, university studies
More articles in this volume
- [1-14] Parents? beliefs on the causes of child maltreatment
- [15-29] Drive for thinness as a women?s strategy to avoid inferiority
- [31-45] Violence against women and symptoms of depression and posttraumatic stress: The role of social support.
- [47-64] Relationships between school anxiety, trait anxiety, state anxiety and depression in a sample of Spanish adolescents.
- [65-82] A New Approach to Explain the Link between Social Support and Depression in a 2-years Arthritis Rheumatoid Sample. Is there any Moderation Effect of Acceptance?
- [97-112] Compound stimuli, simple discriminations and transfer of learning in new discriminations: simple and conditional.
- [113-124] Early maladaptive schemas and interpersonal problems: A circumplex analysis of the YSQ-SF
- [125-141] Cognitive-behavioral treatment in a case of internet and videogames addiction